Monday 27 May 2013

Bon chance... Good luck... All the best...


'Good Luck Card' by Neil Burley

For the 'Lady Luck' theme this month I chose the 'Moving Car' digi stamp from the wonderful Bugaboo Stamps, our sponsors. I think it's such a versatile image, whether for moving house, emigrating, marriage... perfect for wishing someone good luck.

For the background image, I used various colours of acrylic paint on my GelliArts plate, applying various masks and textures such as bubble wrap, and layering up the prints onto A5 copy paper. I then overprinted with white acrylic paint applied to Claudine Hellmuth's Dwelling foam stamps. Finally I stamped the outline clear stamp from the same series using Deep Purple Archival Ink (to make sure it stuck to the dry acrylic paint) and left everything to dry thoroughly.

For the digi stamp, I printed onto 160gsm card using a laser printer, resizing in Microsoft Word so that four images fitted onto an A4 page (i.e. each was A6 in size). I used Distress Reinkers as watercolour paints, applying them with a water brush. A bit of cutting and snipping later, mounting with double sided and foam pads and stamping with a sentiment from Tim Holtz's Simple Sayings, stamped in the same archival ink colour direct to the card.



No comments:

Post a Comment